Columbus Annulment Lawyer
What is the Difference Between Dissolution & Annulment?
Unlike a divorce, an annulment effectively erases a marriage as if it never happened. Since the criteria for annulment is very specific in Ohio, it can be difficult to achieve. If you feel that your marriage should be annulled, our Columbus annulment attorneys at Grossman Law Offices can carefully review your situation and offer creative solutions to help you achieve your goal.
If you would like to have your marriage annulled, call our firm right away. Should we feel that dissolution or divorce is a better option, we can recommend those options to you.
- What are the Grounds for an Annulment in Ohio?
- The marriage was never consummated
- One member was forced into the marriage
- One spouse is still married to someone else
- One spouse was underage at the time of the marriage
- A spouse entered into the marriage to get a Green Card
- A spouse was mentally handicapped or disabled at the time of the marriage
- A spouse committed fraud in order to enter into the marriage by any other means
Declaring a marriage annulled, or void, means that it never legally occurred. Therefore, when filling out tax forms or other legal documents, you can legally say that you were never married, rather than having to submit that you were divorced. Annulments are not for every situation, but are appropriate in some cases.
Our Columbus Family Law Attorneys Can Help File Your Time-Sensitive Petition
In Ohio, you have two years from the date of the marriage to file for an annulment. Due to the narrow window of time, it is important to act quickly for your petition to have the highest chance of success. Our annulment lawyers in Columbus work quickly and efficiently to submit the appropriate paperwork, ensuring that your case has adequate information to give your application the best chance at success.
Contact our firm for more information regarding your specific situation and whether an annulment is an option. We have handled a countless number of cases similar to yours!