Attorney John H. Cousins IV grew up in Bay Village, Ohio and serves as a Columbus family law attorney at Grossman Law Offices. He began his legal career in 2008 with the Franklin County Prosecutor’s Office. His job was to prosecute serious felonies at all levels in the judicial system in Ohio. He also worked on more than 60 appeals in the Supreme Court of Ohio and Tenth District Court. John earned himself a reputation as a hard-working and meticulous negotiator and litigator.
He then went on to work as a Judicial Attorney in the Tenth District Court of Appeals for Judge Lisa L. Sadler. After that, he worked in the same capacity in the Supreme Court of Ohio under Justice Judith L. French.
With experience in appellate law, John brings a unique perspective to Grossman Law Offices working on cases involving divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support, prenuptial agreements, and dissolution.
Now, John lives with his wife, Kelly, and their three children in Upper Arlington. In his spare time, he spends time with family and enjoys exercising. He is an avid fan of Cleveland sports teams. He is also a licensed minister and has officiated weddings for close family members and friends.
- Ohio University, BA, 2005
- Capital University Law School, JD, 2008
Awards & Honors
- Order of Barristers
- Award for Excellence in Appellate Advocacy, 2007
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Trial Advocacy
- Capital University Law School’s National Moot Court Team — Two-time member
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars - 2018 - 2020
Admitted to Practice
- Ohio, 2008
- United States District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2010
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Publications & Public Speaking
- Guest judge in law school moot court practices and competitions
- Lecturer for high schools