Columbus Divorce Mediation Lawyer
An Alternative Option to the Courtroom
Many divorce cases end up in front of a judge, but there are alternative options you may seek in your case that may provide you with a greater degree of control over the outcome.
When a divorce case goes to court, the judge will make all final decisions on child custody, spousal support, property division, and more. In mediation, you and your soon-to-be ex-spouse have the opportunity to work with your respective attorneys to come to a decision on your own terms.
Do You Still Need a Lawyer for Divorce Mediation?
Because of the extra level of control offered through mediation, it’s incredibly important to work with a knowledgeable family law attorney in order to avoid any potential legal pitfalls.
In fact, hiring an experienced family law mediation attorney to help you navigate the process is your best option for securing the outcome you need. It is also the best way to ensure you can comfortably move to the next phase of your life quickly.
For more than 40 years, our team at Grossman Law Offices has dedicated their careers to working with families and individuals in need. You can rely on our team to guide you through family law dispute resolution, taking care of any issues that come up along the way.
With our knowledgeable and passionate legal counsel on your side, you can rest assured that you are in the best position possible. Call our firm at (614) 344-4311 to speak with one of our mediation attorneys today.
Benefits of Mediation
In addition to the increased flexibility mediation affords divorcing spouses, it can also provide significant advantages over a court battle including:
- Speed: While there is no guarantee that your divorce proceedings will suddenly hit a snag and drag on far beyond your initial expectations, mediation tends to take considerably less time than taking your case in front of a judge where you would need to rely on the court’s schedule.
- Less Expensive: Because the mediation process tends to take far less time than a court case, the cost of hiring an attorney will be far lower than it would be otherwise due to the decreased number of hours spent.
- Less Strict: Going to court requires all participants to follow strict rules set and enforced by the legal system. While mediation doesn’t mean that you can show up and treat the proceedings like a family picnic, there are likely fewer set rules in place for you to worry about.
- Confidentiality: Cases heard in court are entered into public record, including the transcripts. Mediation is typically confidential unless otherwise noted, so pursuing this option will both protect you from potential scrutiny and ensure your privacy.
- Maintain A Better Relationship With Your Spouse: Litigating your divorce case in court often leads to a fractured or frayed relationship with your ex-spouse, if any relationship remains at all. Mediation is a collaborative process, and it allows for the preservation of your relationship with your former partner--something that could be incredibly important if you have children in your lives.
Hire the Right Firm to Help You Move Forward with Your Life
Mediation can provide you with a lower financial burden and a quicker divorce process than taking your case to court. The right Columbus divorce mediation lawyer can help ensure that you walk away with the best outcome possible.
At Grossman Law Offices, we have represented thousands of people over the past 40+ years and continue to fight for the rights of our clients every single day. Let us help you, too!
Contact us online for a consultation and learn more about how we can help you.
Backed by more than 40 years of legal experience
Careful consideration of your financial resources
Quick and effective responses for all situations
Performing well above traditional standards
Courteous, professional, and ethical behavior
Voted among the “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News