Attorney Anthony Auten was born in Minneapolis. In 1972, he began his legal career in Ohio. Since 1989, he has had an exclusive focus on the area of family law. He is certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a specialist in Family Relations Law and has been listed in Best Lawyers since 2015. Serving as a Columbus family law attorney at Grossman Law Offices, he brings a wealth of experience to the firm to help with cases involving divorce, child custody, child & spousal support, and more.
When it comes to financial matters involved during family law, Tony is a valuable resource. He has an undergraduate degree in Business Economic Theory, as well as experience in business, accounting, real estate, and corporations. His knowledge on business and financial matters helps to provide clients with a strong case strategy.
Tony was the County Prosecutor in Ashland County during the early part of his career. He was 26 at the time, making him the youngest County Prosecutor in the state of Ohio. He believes that one of the best parts of being a family law lawyer is the ability to help people move forward with their life.
- Bowling Green State University, B.S. Business Administration - Economic Theory, 1969
- Marshall Wythe School of Law, College of William and Mary, JD, 1972
Awards & Honors
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Rated
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, 2005 – Present
- Best Lawyers in America, 2015 - Present
- Columbus Monthly Top 50 Columbus Lawyers
- OSBA Board Certified in Family Relations Law
Admitted to Practice
- Ohio State Bar, 1972
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Franklin County Bar Association
- Ashland County Bar Association — President, 1978
- Ohio Bar Association Foundation
- American Bar Association
Publications and Public Speaking
- Lecturer for Ohio State Bar Association and other seminars