Modification of Child Custody Get Help from an Experienced Attorney 

Ohio Child Custody Modifications

Are You Looking To Make Changes To Your Child Custody Arrangement?

“The best interest of the children” is written throughout Ohio laws and is the main focus driving a judge’s decision in every divorce case. As your life continues to shift following a divorce, it may be in your children’s best interest to modify your child custody agreement.

Often, parents will choose to modify an agreement if the following circumstances exist:

  • A parent moved
  • A parent’s financial situation changed
  • A parent’s marital situation changed

Regardless of what your reasons may be, a good lawyer will be able to help you modify your agreement to best suit your needs and your children’s needs.

Send us a message through our online form to tell us your side of the story.

Do I Qualify for a Child Custody Modification?

Under Ohio Revised Code 3109.04, the court will not modify a prior child custody agreement unless a substantial change has occured since the original child custody agreement was established.

Some of these changes include:

  • The parent with primary custody lost their job.
  • One of the parents wants to move out of the city/state.
  • There is evidence of abuse or neglect from one of the parents.
  • One of the parents has been involved in criminal activity.

Ultimately, child custody comes down to what is in the best interest of the child/children. If there has been a change in circumstances for either parent or the child/children and the existing custody agreement no longer promotes the child's best interests, you may be eligible for a modification. Contact Grossman Law Offices to speak to our experienced lawyers.

Is It Possible to Modify Physical Custody?

Physical custody is one of the most important decisions that occurs in a child custody arrangement. The court goes to great lengths to ensure that a child is placed in a healthy, stable environment. Because of this, it can be very difficult to change which parent has physical custody; but it's not impossible.

Modification to the physical custody of a child can be done when it's in the best interest of the child and one of the following applies:

  • The residential parent agrees to a change in the physical custody or both parents under a shared parenting decree agree to a change in the designation of residential parent.
  • The child, with the consent of the residential parent or of both parents under a shared parenting decree, has been integrated into the family of the person seeking to become the residential parent.
  • The advantages of the change of environment to the child outweigh the harm likely to be caused by the change of environment.

Reach out to our law firm today so that we can evaluate your situation and help you understand your options when it comes to child custody modification.

Do I Need a Lawyer to Modify a Custody Agreement?

If you are looking to modify your child custody agreement, hiring the right legal assistance can make all of the difference. At the Grossman Law Offices, our attorneys have decades of experience in the courtroom and at the negotiating table, and will put that knowledge to good use crafting a plan of action that best suits your needs and your family’s needs.

Send us the details of your situation through our online form, or call us at (614) 344-4311 to begin discussing the steps you need to take with a member of our team.

What Makes Us Different

  • Backed by more than 40 years of legal experience
  • Careful consideration of your financial resources
  • Quick and effective responses for all situations
  • Performing well above traditional standards
  • Courteous, professional, and ethical behavior
  • Voted among the “Best Law Firms” by U.S. News

Our Firm Awards

Contact Us Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.