Family Law Lawyer in Columbus
Attorney Anthony Auten was born in Minneapolis. In 1972, he began his career in law in Ohio. Since 1990, he has had an exclusive focus on the area of family law. Serving as a Columbus family law attorney at the Grossman Law Offices, he brings a wealth of experience to the firm to help with cases involving divorce, child custody and support, and more.
When it comes to financial matters involved during family law, Tony is a valuable resource. He has an undergraduate degree in business administration, as well as experience in business, accounting, real estate, and corporations. His knowledge on business and financial matters helps to provide clients with a strong case strategy.
Tony was the prosecutor in Ashland County during the early part of his career. He was 26 at the time, making him the youngest prosecutor in the state of Ohio. He believes that one of the best parts of being a family law lawyer is the ability to help people move forward and still hear from them years after their cases are finished.
Admitted to Practice
- Ohio State Bar, 1972
- Bowling Green State University, BA, 1969
- The College of William and Mary, JD, 1972
Awards & Honors
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Rated
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, 2005 – Present
- Best Lawyers in America, 2012
- Columbus Monthly Top 50 Columbus Lawyers
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Franklin County Bar Association
- Ashland County Bar Association — President, 1978
- Association Foundation
- American Bar Association
Publications and Public Speaking
- Lecturer for Ohio State Bar Association and other seminars